Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Giving Blogging a Go

I really love blogs. 

I love reading about what's going on in my friends' lives (and in the lives of friends of my friends, whose blogs are listed in the sidebars of my friends' blogs), and seeing recent pictures of them and their families.  I love the community that can be developed through the comment function of blogs, as readers share in the writer's joys and sorrows, and offer their suggestions and support.  But most of all, I love the journaling aspect of blogs: I love the ability of blogs to record the important events in people's lives and am jealous of friends who have chronicled multiple years of their lives in this way.

So I decided that I should write a blog, too. 

And I started setting up this blog about six months ago, but I got interrupted by Louisa's early arrival quite literally, as I was working on it at the office during my lunch break, immediately after which my water broke and wasn't able to finish the set-up... Since then, I have played with it off and on, but have put off publishing anything because I hadn't perfected what I want the blog to look like.  Having realized that this will never get going if I wait until it's "perfect," I'm just going to go ahead and take the plunge. 

Soooo, we're giving blogging a go!

6 comments: