Sunday, April 14, 2013

Girls' Weekend in DC

Yikes, I am WAY behind... We've been busy planning for some changes around here, but I'll fill you in on that later.  First, we need to catch up a little bit.

I have always been blessed with wonderful girlfriends everywhere I go, and law school was no exception.  Three weeks ago, I flew to DC for the weekend to visit with my UVa Law girls (minus Amanda, who was dearly missed).

Out to dinner in the Penn Quarter
We spent the weekend eating amazing food, drinking a variety of fancy adult beverages, doing a little shopping, watching some basketball (there are some rabid Big Ten fans among these ladies), and catching up on each other's lives.  We've gotten together several times in the nearly six years since we graduated from law school -- for weddings, baby showers, and our 5-year reunion last year -- but it had been almost a year since our last big get-together, so there was quite a bit of catching up to do.  Luckily, Elizabeth was able to score us a two-bedroom suite in her apartment building for the weekend, which facilitated our late night conversations perfectly.

Post-brunch on Saturday
It was a whirlwind trip, and all too quickly we were back at National boarding return flights to our respective homes.  I miss these girls and wish we lived closer, but I'll take what I can get.  Thanks for a great weekend, ladies!

So long, DC!
[Note: This post would not be complete without a very special shout-out to my husband for agreeing to wrangle all three of our girls BY HIMSELF for the entire weekend.  He's the best!]

2 comments: