Friday, January 11, 2013

10 Years

Ten years (and two weeks) ago -- on December 28, 2002 -- I woke up super early, at five-something in the morning.  I was anxious and excited, and just couldn't sleep any more.


After spending a couple of hours with my mom and my best friends, having my hair curled and doing my makeup, we headed to church.

You'd think that it would have been cold outside -- it was December in Colorado, after all -- but it was 65 degrees and sunny!

We had pictures taken with family and friends, but not each other.

Music began, people took their seats, and our family and friends preceded me down the aisle.

Then my dad and I stepped into the sanctuary and we walked down the aisle.  I saw Chad.  He cried.  My brother cried (a lot).  Pretty much EVERYONE cried.  Well, everyone except for me and my dad.

We said our vows.  We exchanged rings.  We kissed.  We were married!


We took more pictures, together this time, then headed to the reception.


We ate, we drank, we danced, and we laughed, with (just about) all of our family and friends.




We said goodnight.  (We watched the Buffs lose their bowl game.)


We were so young!  (He was 22, I was 21.)  We were out of college, but just barely, and weren't yet finished with school.  Chad was in the middle of his massage therapy program, and I still had three years of law school ahead of me. 

Then... and now!

Ten years, three kids, four addresses, many jobs (mostly Chad's), one house purchase, and one car purchase later, here we are. 

And I wouldn't change a thing. 

Happy TENTH anniversary, sweetheart!

I love you.

2 comments: