Thursday, January 17, 2013

What a Way to Start the New Year

Our New Year's Eve was pretty low-key.  Much of my family had already left town -- back to Buffalo, Connecticut, Colorado -- but we got to spend some quality time with the rest of my family that lives in Lyons.

We spent a couple hours at my cousin Kelly's house in the morning, so that we could catch up with Kelly and Bryan and the girls could play with their little boy, Mason.  Mason's various car and train tracks were a big hit.

Who says cars are for boys?

Amelia, Mason, and Ramona setting up the tracks

Mason wasn't too thrilled with Louisa chewing on his cars

Dusty sitting on the bannister -- Ramona thought this was hysterical.

After the girls got up from their naps, we headed to Lauren and PeeWee's for a night of dinner, drinks, music, and games.

My girls in front of Aunt Lauren's Christmas tree, ready to celebrate New Year's Eve

We agreed to let the girls stay up until midnight, if they could, but put them in their pjs at their regular bedtime in case they didn't make it.  (Louisa was up a little past her bedtime, but there was no way she was making it to midnight!  She slept in the pack-n-play in Leah's room.)  While the adults played Mah Jongg and pool, Amelia and Ramona spent the evening watching Toy Story, playing games on the iPad, playing with their new toys, and bugging my cousins (sorry, Leah). 

Trying out the noisemakers
Amelia and Nonna counting down to midnight

And they both made it to midnight!  (They do not get their late-night tendencies from me.  I think I was probably in my teens, or close to it, before I actually saw the ball drop, as sad as that may be...)

... 3... 2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

  Wishing each of you the best in 2013!  I'm aiming for a year filled with laughter and faith. 

2 comments:

  1. Ramona's hair could not be prettier! Love the pic of all three in front of the tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's amazing, right? We've got to quit saying it to her, though. She has recently started telling people how "gorgeous" her "curls" are!

      Delete