Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Catching Up -- April and May

My apologies, I know I'm behind on my blogging...

Several posts ago, I mentioned that we were preparing for some changes around here.  It really was just one change: I got a new job!  After five and a half years at a law firm, I decided to make the jump to an in-house position, and accepted an offer to work in the compliance office of a Cambridge-based pharmaceutical company.  I'm one month in now, and even more excited about the move than I was before I started.

Anyway, in the interest of catching up, this post will be light on the narrative and heavy on the photographic.  J

One of the girls' favorite things to do in our "backyard" is to "garden."

Digging

I put the word "garden" in quotation marks because gardening to them really just means digging for worms.  (I put the word "backyard" in quotation marks because we actually have no yard; instead, we have a roughly 8x12-foot patio with a narrow flowerbed bordering one side and one corner... )

They both really love worms.  A LOT.

Louisa looks skeptical about the gardening thing here, but really is happy to hang out on the bricks, poking at moss.

In any case, it provides some solid entertainment for Amelia and Ramona and, as a bonus, always ends with a good long bath!

One of Ramona's friends from preschool had a birthday party at the end of April.  Let me tell you, this was QUITE the party.

The "Dressing Room"

Held at the Boston Ballet School, this party included costumes, a ballet lesson, story time with a real ballerina, boxed lunches for all of the kiddos, multiple kinds of dessert, Pinterest-perfect decorations, and a table full of adult food and beverages.

Entranced by the contents of the dessert table: cupcakes with pink frosting, meringues in pink wrappers, cut-out cookies with pink frosting, pink and white popcorn, and pink milk... I think I know what the birthday girl's favorite color is!

Oh, there was also a professional photographer!  I haven't seen any of those photos, but given the level of cuteness in the room, I'm guessing that they're to die for.  These are just a few that I took.

Ramona Ballerina

Ramona had SO much fun.  Amelia was pretty jealous that she wasn't invited.  We had to remind her that she's been to more than one party Ramona didn't get to go to...

Love this shot of my sweet girl

Another big even at the end of April: Amelia got a haircut!

Amelia's second-ever haircut (excluding trims), and the first she requested

This was a big deal, considering that she has insisted for the past two years that she wanted to grow her hair "as long as Rapunzel's"...

Watching the progress

Instead, about six weeks ago, Amelia decided on a whim that she wanted to cut (almost) all of it off!

Lots of hair on the floor!

I made her wait a few days, to ensure she really wanted to cut her hair and wasn't going to dissolve into tears afterwards...

Having her hair dried

I needn't have worried -- she didn't regret it in the least.  I guess she is my daughter after all!  J

And all of the sudden she looks like she's ready for high school...

After wrapping up work at the law firm, I took a few days off before I started my new job.  We spent one of those days at the Roger Williams Zoo in Providence, RI.

Louisa checking out the elephants

Amazingly, we had lived in Boston for almost six years before paying a visit to our nation's smallest state.

Amelia modeling her new haircut at the zoo

We had a great time.  The weather was gorgeous and we got to see lots of animals.

From anteater to zebra...

  We will definitely be back!

Finding frogs


Some more shots from our May:

Mother's Day with my girls

My gorgeous lilacs

Duck-watching at the Public Garden

Cute little duckling!

Walking around the Public Garden

No trip to the Public Garden is complete without paying a visit to Make Way for Ducklings!

First carousel ride of the season!  (Ramona opted out, due to a "bwister" on her foot.)

Aviators

Post(s) on our end-of-May trip to Disney World coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Where to start... love taking pictures with my kids on mother's day; the lilacs are amazing; the birthday party looks like over the top fun; I love that your girls love worms; and congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete