Saturday, July 6, 2013

Our Disney Trip (Days One and Two)

We spent the last week of May in sunny Orlando, Florida, mostly at... you guessed it, Disney World!  (I know, I know, I'm way behind - AGAIN.  I took over 1000 pictures during our week in Florida, though, and it took me a while to work up the nerve to tackle sorting through and editing all of them.)

We flew down the Sunday before Memorial Day.  My parents got into town the same day, and Chad's arrived the next day, which was GREAT.  But even though we had six adults to wrangle three kids, we were still exhausted at the end of every day!  Attributable, I guess, to the heat and the crowds and the lines...

Despite all of that, we really had a such a fun time.  Amelia especially.  She adored every minute of our trip - highlights for her were lunch at Cinderella's castle and meeting as many characters as possible - and was SO well-behaved!   

Ramona?  Not so much.  She really liked certain parts (the characters, some rides) but didn't care for the heat or the noise.  Or the dark rides.  So she was perfectly happy half of the time, and super grumpy for the other half.  Poor Grandpa (Chad's dad) bore the brunt of her moodiness, quite literally: Often, Grandpa carrying her was the only thing that prevented Ramona from dissolving into a teary mess.  And Ramona is NOT a small child.  :) 

Louisa actually handled the whole amusement park vacation better than I expected.  She was generally content as long as I had her.  She ended up in the carrier most of the time, checking everything out and falling asleep when she was tired. 

Oh, did you want to see pictures? 

Here you go!  Pictures from Days One and Two, at Magic Kingdom:

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

On Main Street, USA

Meeting Belle and Gaston (he was my favorite of all of the characters - hysterical!) and going on some rides

Archery practice and meeting Merida!

My three little princesses! 

Lunch at Cinderella's Castle and quality time with a few princesses - Amelia's favorite part of the whole trip!

Post-lunch - see what I mean about Ramona being grumpy?  (Skipping naps is hard for her.)

A couple last shots as we headed back to the hotel after Day One

   
Meeting some fairies and some princesses - the girls loved Rapunzel's hair and Tinker Bell's wings

Meeting Buzz Lightyear (Louisa LOVED him) and riding on spaceships and magic carpets
 
The coolest balloon ever and a REAL GLASS SLIPPER!!!
 
Do you think she's enjoying herself?
 
More to follow soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment